Internet Marketing News Flash
Google To Develop Mobile Phone
Although mobile users have the capability to employ Google
search, the Mountain Valley company is preparing technology
that will be easier to use with mobile phone. Google's aim
is to make search and subsequent results easier to view and
use on cell phone monitors.
To read the whole article please visit
MSN Search's spam filtering
Microsoft has unveiled their new web spam filtering project
at Silicon Valley campus in Mountain View. The goal is to
have their new filtering technology incorporated within their
new search engine when it launches later this year.
For more details please visit
Kanoodle and 24/7 Real Media
Provide First Behaviorally Targeted Links
Kanoodle Inc., a provider of sponsored links for SERPs and
content pages has announced a partnership with 24/7 Real Media
to provide behaviorally targeted sponsored links.
To read a full press release please visit
YAHOO! Introduces Free Anti-Spyware
Solution on YAHOO! TOOLBAR
Anti-Spy offers consumers a way to identify potentially unwanted
software like spyware, then lets consumers decide whether
they want to disable/remove, ignore or keep the files that
are found. If a user chooses to delete suspect software and
later changes their mind, they can restore most such programs.
For more information please visit
Targeted Traffic With Pay Per
In order for your online business to succeed you must get
targeted traffic to your website. No matter what product or
service you are selling, if you don't make sales you won't
be in business for very long!
One of the best ways to get targeted traffic to your website
is through Pay Per Click Ads. If you have spent any time surfing
the world wide web or used search engines to seek out a particular
keyword or phrase then you have more than likely seen Pay
Per Click (PPC) ads. Two of the most popular PPC's are Google
Ad words http://www.google.com
which are featured prominently on many websites on the net
and Overture http://www.overture.com
which list sites in search engine results like Yahoo, AltaVista,
MSN, etc, across the net. However, there are literally thousands
of PPC search engines on the web today to choose from.
PPC ads offer a way to attract relatively cheap targeted
traffic to your website and product or service. Here is how
PPC ads work.
You bid on specific keywords or key-phrases to have your
search engine listing or short ad come up when people search
for that specific keyword. For example, if you are selling
Golf accessories, you would bid to have your site ad come
up when a person searches for "Golf Clubs". If the
person sees your ad and is interested and they click on it
and you simply pay your bid amount. That is targeted traffic.
You may bid $1 to get listed at the top of the search result,
but your competitor could then bid 1.05 and outbid and move
ahead of you. This does happen unless you are able to bid
on less popular search terms that your competitors do not
and still many people use.
Bids for the top positions vary from pennies to a few dollars,
but most PPC search engines have keyword suggestion tools
to help you find keywords and their search results to suit
your budget. You may bid on as many keywords as your budget
can handle. A general rule of thumb would be to aim for one
of the top two positions for keywords with low bid searches
and aim for top 5 for keywords with higher volume searches.
You must be careful though to bid within your means! PPC's
are all about conversion rates. For example, if your conversion
rate is 2 visitors per 100, and you make $10 per sale. Your
maximum bid would be the following: conversion rate x profit
per sale. In this example, it would be .02 X $10= 20 cents
You should bid 20 cents or less to be profitable. This is
something you must figure out on your own if you are using
PPC's for the first time in order to be successful.
Finally, your ad should follow certain guidelines. You want
to describe your product or service in your ad as precise
as possible. Remember you are not looking for "tire kickers"
because you are paying for their click whether they buy something
or not! Link the ad to the specific product or service you
are selling instead of sending prospects to your home page
so the prospect does not have navigate to find what they clicked
on originally. Try to include the keyword in the title or
description. Statistics have shown this method to produce
higher clicks. Good Luck!
Article by Dirk Wagner
About the Author:
Dirk Wagner is CEO and owner of http://team4success.biz
and the free, easy to install #1 home business toolbar with
automated updates.A website dedicated to helping the home-based
business entrepreneur start and succeed with there very own
Save up to 85% of your PPC
bid advertising expenses
Dynamic Keyword Bid Maximizer is an ultimate
Pay Per Click bid management tool to manage and optimize your
keyword bids for ALL major PPC search engines - Overture,
Google, FindWhat, Kanoodle, 7Search, Espotting etc.
It performs all the following tasks fully automatically:
- Bid to top positions
- optimize your bids and reduce cost
- build and manage you keyword list
- monitor and notify you of the keyword bids changes
- analyze you ranking
- maintain you desired position at the lowest cost possible
by removing the bid GAPs
- Save your money and time
- ...and much more at http://www.apexpacific.com/bidmax.html?campaign=nsl0604.
Download a free trial version at
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Marketing Strategies
While the main use of email marketing is to drive traffic to
your web site, there are other important reasons that email
communications should be used as part of your firm's marketing
strategy. You should use them, and use them often, to create
an effective overall marketing strategy, of which your emails
are an important part.
Strategy One: Brand identification.
- Brand identification is one of the fundamental concepts
of marketing, and you can use emails to contribute to yours.
- Brand identification is letting people know who you are,
and what you stand for, by creating an image in their minds.
- This is literally gold in the marketing arena.
- We pay more for Nikes, not because they're always better
than competitors, but because of the image that advertisers
have created for us.
- So how can you use email to do this?
- If your firm is high tech, then you'll want emails and
newsletters that show this.
- Be the one to use "streaming media" or "online
video" in your emails (offer this as an option though,
along with a less high-tech option for those without broadband
- Does your firm appeal to young consumers who like things
that are unusual?
- Or who like funky humor?
- Then let your fonts and graphics play into this.
- Are you sending out financial reports to baby boomers
in your newsletters?
- Then conservative colors and fonts should be used.
- The tone of the writing you use, and even the topics you
include in each email communication are building up brand
identification in the minds of those who read them.
- Try to be consistent, and reach your target audience (people
who are most likely to buy from you) with content that appeals
to them, and you'll see response rates grow.
- Use your emails to tell customers about special updates
and products: in the old days, we put up flyers or sent
direct mail ads; now we tell our customers by email.
- This is a highly effective marketing strategy, because
John may be ready to update his outmoded software and welcome
your notice, or Sally may be glad to hear that there's a
special at her local hair salon.
- You can save a lot of money by using email to advertise
your specials instead of printing and mailing out ads.
- This is one reason that email marketing is often best
used along with offline marketing methods: the two go hand-in-hand,
and the most successful firms use both.
Strategy Two: Use Your Emails To Build good customer
- This is one of the most effective uses of emails, since
if they are used positively to build up your firm's reputation
for service and attentiveness, you will see sales and customer
retention go up.
- CRM is a big buzzword in marketing circles today, and
for good reason: people will simply go elsewhere if they
believe that they are receiving better service (or value)
- From the autoresponders that your firm sends when clients
fill out an order form, confirming that their order was
received and is being processed, to the news updates you
send your opt-in list,
the quality of your communications can go a long way towards
creating positive relations.
- Grammatically correct, polite emails that let customers
know that you will contact them shortly, and that provide
contact information in case they need to reach you immediately
can be a
powerful marketing tool.
- Use your emails to answer customer questions, and overcome
objections to buying from you. If your emails are polite,
answer client questions in a clear, easy-to-understand manner,
and give them the information they are asking for, you've
probably just won a customer!
- You can also send out "articles" that help address
common customer concerns, that can bring down barriers to
buying from you (for instance, an article that discusses
financing options, and how to get a great mortgage loan,
would be a natural for a real estate company to send in
one of its newsletters).
- This is one of the untapped arenas of email marketing.
- So many web sites have 'frequently asked questions"
sections, or information on how to find what the client
is looking for.
- Why not use your emails to offer this information in a
lively, informative manner?
- It may be just the push that gets a potential client to
click on your site, and decide to buy, if they discover
in an email that you send that you are offering a special
holiday discount, or are
adding extra software to the package you're selling.
Strategy Three: Use Your Email Signature EVERYWHERE.
- Whether you are sending an email to your Aunt Mary, or
are participating in an online email discussion list, always,
always include your web site URL and email address in your
(unless the online list rules forbid this).
- This is automatic advertising for your business, and is
an effective method of letting people know that you're online,
and ready to receive mail from them.
- Send Greeting Cards. If you have a regular email client
list, they will most likely welcome a friendly greeting
card from you during holiday time.
- This is a great method of helping them remember you, to
wish them a happy season, and to let them know about seasonal
- They key to success with this method, of course, is that
these are from your opt-in list; they know you, and have
agreed to receive regular communications from your firm.
- Don't try this with strangers, or they will be offended,
and accuse you of SPAMMING them.
- Hold a Contest. You can use email to hold a contest, and
to offer prizes to winners.
- This is one method of increasing interactivity, and to
increase interest in your newsletter or ezine.
- If the contest is at your physical location offline, you
can still use email to let your customers know that it's
going on, and to encourage them to participate - and to
get others to sign up as well.
Strategy Four : Market Your Newsletter or Content
in Ezines and Newsletters.
- There are literally thousands of ezines (online magazines)
and newsletters available today, devoted to almost every
- Do you provide wedding planning? Find the ezines that
address engaged couples and wedding planning, and place
an ad in one.
- Most ezines and newsletters are quite inexpensive to advertise
in (some will even give you a free ad if you write an article
for them, or will trade ads with you if you publish a newsletter).
- But some of the extremely large ones do charge hefty rates.
- The good news? These rates are much, much less than ads
in print media ...
- Where do you find ezines and newsletters?
- There are several directories for ezines and newsletters
- You can find ezines at www.ezine-universe.com, or at www.bestzines,com
and newsletters at www.egroups.com, www.escribe.com, www.topica.com,
and www.onelist.com , to name just a few of the better-known
- Create your own newsletter, online course, or ezine.
- Want people to perceive you as an expert in your field?
- And to market your firm effectively?
- Then you will want to consider creating your own ezine
- This is a highly effective email marketing tool for several
- It helps you build your email list
- You can place your own ads in it, and promote your
services or affiliate programs
- People will see your web site address, your logo,
and a link to your programs in each email that you send
them. They will open the emails, because you are providing
them with articles and information that they want (unlike
SPAM, which gets deleted immediately).
- By using email as part of an overall marketing plan, you
can increase your firm's brand identity, improve customer
relations, and help get the word out about your online (or
Article By Philip Lim
About the Author:
Philip Lim is the editor of NewbiesOnly.com which is dedicated
to teaching newbies or beginner marketers to internet marketing
the ropes. Enroll into our free 10 days intensive email course:
"Strategies for Internet Marketing Success". http://www.NewbiesOnly.com
Create high impact personalized
emails and newsletters
Discover how Dynamic Mail Communicator can
help you put in practice your email marketing ideas to generate
new and repeat revenue for your business. Dynamic Mail Communicator
makes it easy to:
- send "personalised" bulk messages or newsletters
- perform regular follow ups
- subsribe or unsubsribe people from your mailing list
- remove bounced back email addresses automatically
- Process messages with message rules
- Schedule your email campaign at a specific time
- Support both HTML and Text format
- Support MS Access, Excel, SQL, Outlook and XML database
- Send pictures and attachments
- Verify your mailing list before sending the email
- Easy to use mailing list management: allows you to sort,
de-duplicate, remove, merge, count, retrieve email address
from your mailing list.
...and much more at http://www.apexpacific.com/mailcomm.html?campaign=nsl0604.
Download a free trial version at
or contact us at email@example.com.
Boost your web site income with
our Affiliate Program
Apex Pacific has more than 1000 affiliates and partners. Why
should you join our network of affiliates and partners? It's
completely free, very easy to implement and our unique compensation
structure can add incremental income to your existing Web site.
If you already offer Web services or products, placing an Interactive
banner or simple text link should fit in naturally with your
existing Web site content and offerings. Simply place a link
on your Web site, make sure to endorse it, drive the right traffic
through it and watch a new revenue stream emerge.
Visit the following link to get more details about our affiliate
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org